On this page, we will cover a few important topics:
- What is a “Christian” sex toy?
- Our mission & ethos.
- How we make product decisions.
- Our perspective on sex toy use within Christian marriages.
“Christian” Sex Toys?
In case this is not obvious, we want to explicitly state it… there is nothing that makes our collection of high quality plastics, silicone, liquids and other substances or products magical, holy or “Christian”.
The “Christian” part relates to our Our Beliefs, purpose, intent, hopes, mission and goals for who uses our store and product… and WHY they use them. We encourage EVERYONE to review our Recommended Site Guidelines
Our Mission & Goals
We exist for and stand by the following goals and mission…
- We desire to promote beautiful intimacy and sexual enjoyment in marriage.
- We encourage spouses to honor, respect and sacrificially love God and spouse.
- We care more about honoring Jesus & Biblical marriage than making money.
- We do not sell pornography or pornographic products.
- We do not sell products or show images that degrade women, men or marriage.
- We do not sell products that encourage physical, emotional or sexual harm OR multiple partners.
Product, Brand, Language & Image Decision Process
We carefully review every product we offer. There are many product categories we never consider because they are against our preferences and convictions.
As stated above, we do NOT sell products with imagery that is: pornographic degrading, overly suggestive or sexual. MOST of product do not have ANY physical bodies or imagery on the packaging. Also, some product names, brand names, or descriptive content may be vulgar.
Due to the nature of the industry that manufacturers our products, many products fall in a “gray area” of sort.
These are fair and important questions…
- How do we [or you] define what is “overly sexual or suggestive?
- What is an image that is degrading to women, men or marriage?
- What language or words are too vulgar?
The answer is not head-to-toe clothing coverage and only referencing medical terms for body parts (penis vs. “cock”) and activities (fellatio vs. blow job).
For Christian Love Toys, our general guideline for images with physical bodies is everyone should be wearing the equivalent of a tasteful bathing suit.
The WORST situation is when manufacturers modify product imagery without us knowing. We do everything we can to safeguard against this. If you find anything that contradicts our mission and ethos, please Contact Us.
If you disagree with us or desire additional information or clarification, please Contact Us.
Gifts for Worship & Enjoyment VERSUS Idolatry & Sin
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17
We are NOT saying manufactured sex toys fall into the perfect gift from God” category by default! The big ideas are: God has given us most things as to enjoy AND we have wonderful freedom in Christ.
For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. 14 For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 But if you are always biting and devouring one another, watch out! Beware of destroying one another. Galatians 5:13-15
Unfortunately, humans have an amazing ability to pervert or misuse ANYTHING, including good or inherently morally neutral things. Instead of worshiping the Creator, we worship his creation. This is idolatry. This is sin.
Unfortunately, we can use ANYTHING to sin. The list is endless…
- Enjoying good food can become gluttony.
- Exercising for mental and physical health can become vanity.
- Our desires to work hard to provide for our families can become avoidance.
- Alcohol can be abused and lead to drunkenness and lack of self control.
- We can use money to build the Kingdom of God or generously bless others or for materialism.
We can inappropriately worship and idolize our children, sports teams, hobbies, schools, physical comforts, personality traits, desires, the Bible, vocational ministry… anything.
Sexual intimacy, even within the precious constraints of Biblical marriage, is no different. As a company, we can only do so much. We provide tools and resources to help and guide you. Ultimately, YOU are responsible for your honoring God and your spouse with your mind, words, thoughts, actions, body and heart.
Our products are simply tools to encourage intimacy. A shovel hammer is a tool that can be used to build or destroy. Please use these tools well!